About this good practice
Dr.BetMen is a user-driven web platform and application providing support to healthcare actors. It connects the key players along the patient journey to improve and develop their collaboration.
Its core functional features, marking its objectives of development, are:
• Patient pathway tracking - transparent, clear patient pathway, easy to follow list of treatments;
• Personalised patient journey - supporting personalised and optimised treatment plan and treatment itself;
• Communication - supporting doctor-patient communication to make it more efficient;
• Outcome-based funding - using an outcome-based evaluation system to identify good practices.
The route is an institutional journey patients take when referred for further treatment by their GPs (or other health professional). From first contact with the GP, through referral, to the completion of their treatment, including the period the patient is in a hospital or a treatment centre, right up until they are discharged. The pathway gives an outline of what is likely to happen on the patient's journey and can be used both for patient information and for planning services.
DrBetMen offers a solution to reduce the administrative burden on healthcare providers, speed up patient care, make the whole process transparent for both the doctor and the patient and minimise face-to-face encounters.
ca. 240M HUF financial investment and more than 18.000 man-hours
Evidence of success
The GP owner submitted the design v14.0 for accreditation, which concluded with the credentials as follows:
• Adminsitrative Decision OKFŐ/75017-2/2021 on the validation of DrBetMen patient route management system,
• E-certificate of Approval for Integration of DrBetMen into the National eHealth Infrastructure
cf. press reports
Potential for learning or transfer
Protection of personal data and secure access are essential features.
Ease of use, user-friendly interfaces built in the software. The system includes an easy to understand, practical guide to use. It is important that patients only have access to the information they really need.
Ease of use, user-friendly interfaces are also important features for the doctors who use the system, as they are professionals, but not necessarily digitally literate. Doctors have access to all available medical records of patients and their medical history.
Administrators also have access to patients’ complete medical history, but not in depth. Principal of need-to-know applies. It is important to have access only to the information that is necessary for the administrative work. This is mainly the patient's personal data or contact information.