Edited 11 Apr 2023
About the project
The plan for sending as little waste to landfill and incineration as possible includes strategies to reduce, reuse, and recycle and recover waste. The separate collection of municipal waste is a precondition for high-quality recycling and preparation for reuse.
The main subject of the project, the improvement of municipal waste collection, will be approached from 5 different parts:
- Collection systems that improve the quality of collected materials (eg collection streams by type of material, door-to-door, mobile green points etc.)
- Financial incentives, such as "pay as you throw" or "rewarding recycling" etc.
- Smart technologies from source to disposal (e.g. IoT, RFID tags, AI, smart bins, Big Data, intelligent vehicle tracking systems) for operations, fleet, users and assets management
- Strengthening cooperation between authorities responsible for collection and local reuse and recycling enterprises
- Informing and raising awareness of the public
Project idea owner
Members are interested in
Partners we are looking for
-Organisations responsible for Municipal solid waste management plans and strategies
-Responsible authorities for Investment for jobs and growth goal programmes