About the project
In 2023, the urban public authority “Le Havre Seine Metropole” (54 municipalities) launches a feasibility study to investigate the opportunities of recovery of wastewater treatment plant sludge and other by-products (CO2, nitrogen...). The plant has a treatment capacity of 320,000 inhabitants.
The study is composed of three main parts:
- Technical: developing several scenarios for the recovery of sludge
- Economic: studying the financing solutions and return on investment
- Legal: analysing the various possible agreement tools
The conclusions are expected by the end of 2023, enabling local elected representatives to select the most relevant project.
Once the project is selected, the engineering phase will begin for an estimated period of 3 to 4 years, followed by :
- Selection of a project management assistant - 12 months
- Drafting of the project management missions for construction - 6 months
- Consultation of construction companies - 24 months
- Execution of the works - 29 months
Project idea owner
Partners we are looking for
We are interested in exchanging with other projects on good practices for energy recovery from wastewater treatment plants.