River-sea connection of the Cagnes-sur-Mer coastline
On 28 October 2022, the Policy Learning Platform organised a matchmaking in Cagnes-sur-Mer, France on nature restoration and creation options of ecological spaces at the river-sea connection.
Our experts Astrid Severin and Magda Michalikova, moderated the session which was organised at the request of the Municipality of Cagnes-sur-Mer.
- Alexandra Maccario, Project Manager, Municipality of Cagnes-sur-Mer
- Amandine Pihouée, Elected of the Municipality of Cagnes-sur-Mer, Major works
- James Nicolaï, Elected of the Municipality of Cagnes-sur-Mer, Europe and innovation
- Marie-Caroline Vallon, Région Sud, direction of energy transition and territories
- John Jones, Norfolk County Council (United Kingdom)
- Francesco Scorza, University of Basilicata (Italy)
- Petar Mišura, Šibenik Municipality (Croatia)
- Thorsten Kohlisch, Interreg Europe Policy Learning Platform Project Manager
- Astrid Severin, Interreg Europe Policy Learning Platform Thematic Expert, Environment and resource efficiency
- Magda Michalikova, Interreg Europe Policy Learning Platform Thematic Expert, Environment & resource efficiency
- Eugénie Suplisson, Interreg Europe Policy Learning Platform Events Expert
- Mariame Amour, Interreg Europe Policy Officer
- Diane Bulon, Interreg Europe Policy Officer
- The river-sea connection needs to be discussed within the framework of a total catchment area approach
- It is recommendable to develop a Masterplan of the Bay and to take the different eco-systems of the catchment area into account
- For communication, it is important to concentrate on the benefits of the different stakeholder groups concerned by the restoration
- Undertake a specific definition of the objectives of the works i.e. climate change adaptation, nature protection, sustainable tourism, etc.
- A better understanding of the functionality aspect of the river-sea connection is needed and defining the categories of users (fishermen, tourists, citizens, hotels, etc.)
- The replacement of the bridge is not limited to the municipality area and is influencing the flow of traffic also in the wider region structures should be foreseen
Explore the rest of the takeaways in the follow-up note! In it, you will find the host’s policy challenges and all the peer suggestions.
Apply for a peer review!
Find solutions to your regional policy challenges with our experts and selected peers during a two-day peer review.