On 16 and 17 May 2023, the Policy Learning Platform organised an on-site peer review for the benefit of the Intermunicipal Community of Coimbra Region (CIM-RC), on the topic of integrated territorial development to fight depopulation.
Peers from across Europe
- Urpo Johannes Moisio, Regional Council of South Karelia, Finland
- Alberto Lorente Saiz, CREA 360 SL (Municipality of Medina del Campo), Spain
- Pellervo Kokkonen, Savonlinna Development Services Ltd. (SDS), Finland
- Osman Saidabdala, Association of Local Authorities Västernorrland, Sweden
- Shift from growth policy to smart adaptation policy - From economic development policy toward ‘revitalization policy’.
- Strengthening « soft » attraction especially with regard to rural areas, service innovation, valorization of heritage, promoting flexible accessibility to housing and property. Activate communication with key target groups.
- Attracting new skills to the region through the development of multilocal lifestyle opportunities. Inclusion of second-home owners and part-time residents based on interests and skills.
- Green innovative solutions to increase the competitiveness SMEs and as drivers for sustainable development in the rural regions.