On 18 and 19 October 2023, the Policy Learning Platform is hosting a peer review together with the Alentejo Region on the topic of MaaS solutions for low-density areas.
The region is looking for input, through interregional sharing of knowledge and previous learnings, on relevant points to the planning and implementation of the new mobility policy:
- The integration of new mobility services in order to create interconnected communities and achieve the goals such as:
- Improving the residents' quality of life
- Boosting new investments
- Inverting the depopulation trend
- Diversify, innovate and integrate tourism offers
- The impact of the new mobility policy, involving the assessment of socio-economic and environmental impacts.
- The skills needed for the new mobility policy, and advice on how to close the knowledge gap regarding re- and up-skilling of the workforce to support the transformation of the mobility sector driven by demand for safer, cleaner and more efficient solutions.
- Citizen behaviour change for the new mobility policy and understanding how to promote effective policies and behavioural change. In order to increase social acceptance, and citizen awareness of sustainable mobility solutions and to create a regulatory environment that allows those solutions to be competitive.
The invite is by invite only. The key learnings and recommendations are published afterward.